Backup Chunker is a backup / synchronization program with unique features: multiple synchronization and versatile compression with strong encryption. The program is designed for both novice and advanced users, and has the following features:
- Easy to setup backup tasks.
- Can copy files between many types of storage: Hard disks, USB drives, MP3 players, internet backup services (using WebDAV), FTP & Secure FTP servers and more.
- Has the ability either to synchronize files, or synchronize with "chunks" which are small to medium sized compressed and/or encrypted zip archives. This is a very unique feature of Backup Chunker; you can back up all your files to small to medium sized archives (using the common zip or 7-zip format) that are both compressed and encrypted. On each backup, only the new and modified files are re-compressed, and only the affected chunks changed.
- Can handle many different scenarios, like synchronizing files between many computers and storage devices. For example you can sync your home computer with a USB stick (using compression and encryption), and then your USB stick to your work computer. This way you can keep your computers synchronized and also have a compressed & encrypted backup copy on your key chain!
- Archive format used is the common zip or 7-zip that can be extracted if required with any simple file compression utility. - Industrial strength encryption (AES-256) that has no back doors. - Extremely fast synchronization of thousands of files, even to locations on a network or the internet.